Friday, 7 June 2013

Greek Pasta Salad

I came up with this recipe in University, when I would need something cheap and yummy to feed an army (or in our case, a swim team!). Stores well, is great cold or at room temperature, this has become a perfect summer BBQ go-to salad.


Ingredients 

1 pkg bowtie pasta (slightly undercooked)
1 1/2 cups chick peas (or one can, drained and rinsed)
1/3-2/3 cups greek salad dressing (I used Kraft EVOO Greek Vinaigrette)
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes - halved
1/2lb feta cheese - cubed ("Greek Style" tends to be more firm)
1 6oz bag of Baby Spinach

Directions

1. Cook pasta according to package instructions, until just tender and with a slight bite.
2. Combine warm pasta with chickpeas and 1/3C dressing in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Let cool to room temperature.
3. Stir in tomatoes, cubed cheese, and spinach. Add more dressing as necessary. 
Serve cold or at room temperature. 

No comments:

Post a Comment