Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Hiking Bandannas for the Puppies

Photo   Photo

I threw these together for the puppies out of some fun scraps I had laying around. Not only are they super cute (and advertise two of our loves, Canada and the Green Bay Packers), but they are also practical. While on the trial, we can always see Wiley and Fozzy (more importantly, crazy Arizonan-Gun-Totin hunters can see them), and if it's a particularly hot day we can soak the bandannas in water to cool off the pouches quickly. 

Wiley's bandanna is a simple square, measuring 20x20, while Fozzy's is a triangle measuring 22"x15.5"x15.5" (a "special" triangle, according to Mr. Engineer Claudio - to me, it's just half of a perfect square lol). The edges are folded and ironed in twice, first a one inch seam, then a half inch, and then sewn down to ensure they don't fray and that they are more difficult to destroy once Fozzy learns he can chew on them. So simple, and a great way to use up random pieces of fabric!

I tried to get a picture of them together, but Fozzy would not sit still. It's a wonder he lay down for three seconds to allow me to take the photo above! Wiley is clearly upset that I interrupted his nap.  Just goes to show the difference 4 months apart in age can make in a dog! Wiley is finally over his puppy stage, and Fozzy seems like he will be stuck in it forever.

Happy Hiking!

No comments:

Post a Comment