Sunday, 15 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas: 10 Sleeps

Cake Batter Rice Krispie Squares

Ever since I was a kid, I've loved Rice Krispie Squares. I didn't think it was possible to improve on the classic square recipe, until I came across these - the addition of dried cake-mix adds a delicious background of sweet vanilla flavour that I can't resist. It may be simple, it may  be childish and old fashioned, but I can't get enough of these delicious sticky squares!

3tbsp butter
1 package mini-marshmallows (approx 10oz)
1 tsp vanilla extract
5-6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1/3 cup boxed vanilla cake mix
sprinkles!

1. Grease a 13x9 pan with butter. Set aside.
2. Melt butter in a large, non-stick pot. Add marshmallows, and stir over medium heat until completely melted. Remove pot from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
3. Add cereal, cake mix, and sprinkles to marshmallows. Stir well to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. If desired, top with more sprinkles. Let set at least 1 hour before serving (if you can wait that long!).

No comments:

Post a Comment