Grandma's Cabbage Salad
I remember my Grandma bringing this every year to our house for Christmas dinner, and I would gobble it up! I nice cool side-dish for turkey dinner, this salad keeps well for up to a week so it's great for a make-ahead or as leftovers. The recipe below makes A LOT (at least 8-10 servings), so halving it might be a good option for a smaller dinner party.
1 head cabbage - shredded
2 carrots - grated
2 stalks of celery - diced
1/2 cup red or green onion - chopped
2 tsp celery seeds
S&P to taste
Dressing:
1 cup vinegar (I prefer cider)
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Combine cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, celery seed and salt & pepper a large bowl.
2. In a small sauce pan, heat vinegar, sugar, and oil over medium heat, until sugar has completely dissolved. Pour over cabbage mixture, and stir well. Refrigerate overnight. Stir well before serving with a slotted spoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment